To view all the details and specifications of the DOT 6 IS Toft Model please CLICK HERE
BUILD YOUR DOT
To get a quote on a DOT you can use the form below
Click HERE to get a quote
To view the DOT FAQ please click here.
This is just some basic instructions, care and maintenance for your DOT trailer…
Here are some instructions and tips for setting up your dot trailer..
Since first spotting the rugged looking DOT I was impressed by what seemed to be an ‘over engineer first’ and ‘accessories second’ design philosophy….
READ FULL REVIEW HERE
This is a new model we have just finished.. a DOT 6 Army, with most extra’s added.. (see spec sheet) main changes are the new Alko Offroad Independent Suspension, and also the addition of a shower / ensuite. (more pics coming soon on this) . the IS is rated to about 1450 kgs, comes with a double shock standard. Alko have a 3 year warranty on these. As per spec sheet, the trailer comes with dual batteries, dcdc charger, 47 ltr evakool fridge, DPOR kitchen package deal, shower and ensuite, woodbox, 12 v pump/ pump box and much more..
Much can be said about the advantages of independent v’s leaf springs.. seems a bit of a ford v’s holden debate. End of the day, each has it’s advantages, disadvantages, as does any design. I originally built the first dot, for myself, which was a simple touring setup. .the first dot, is vastly different from what the DOT’s have progressed to today, but it did the job just fine. So really we are just refining it a lot, and also adding many extra’s that other’s would like.. we are a business, providing quality well designed products to customers, and if they would like showers and independent syspensions setups, then that’s what we’ll progress to.
Independent syspension, (as you can see in the related video’s we have done) has these advantages..
- Does ride better, less bounce
- Can be less noisy on lighter trailers
- Higher gvm
- Slightly better ground clearance (25 mm), especially in the center of the trailer (better for deep ruts)
It does work out more expensive.. it’s about $2750 on top of the standard DOT, but as it’s rated to 1450 kgs, you don’t need the axle upgrade as with leaf springs. The IS comes with parallel bearings..
- Shocks cop a lot of work, like on your truck, will need replacing eventually.. warranty 3 years, will last depending on use..
- Heavier chassis, more components.
- Wheels need a wheel alignment, as per a vehicle
- Can’t get second water tank. Just not the room.
- Can not get rims/ offsets to match vehicle. Standard is a P25 (positive 25 mm offset, fits most modern twin cabs, prado etc) , 6 stud.. you only can choose 16 or 17 inch rim.. if going 17 inch rim, then tyres are a bit more expensive. But no matching vehicle offsets, although, again P25 will fit most.. it’s easy to order a standard axle for leaf springs different lengths, but not IS. Alko don’t do it..
Alko have the largest dealer network for trailer suspension parts, in Australia. They are a large Australian company, with a global reach.. so these Alko Outback IS are very strong, very well designed, and Alko back their product..
There are several video’s relating to the IS model DOT, but please refer to the spec sheet for what is included and what isn’t… the spec sheet is correct, and the pricing.. see what you think.. thanks very much.. L